Starting at the Sheok Picnic Area on the Garvey Track, Lorne, this walk leads to Upper and Lower Kalimna Falls and back. There's a cave behind the waterfall, giving you access to a whole new view over the Lower Kalimna Falls. This enjoyable hike goes through the lush rainforest on a well-signed dirt track. The walk is not too technical and is fairly flat throughout with some gentle inclines. The track leading to the falls can become very muddy in parts, especially after recent rains. There are BBQ, picnic and toilet facilities located in the Sheok Picnic Area. Go past the Visitor Centre to learn more about the Kalimna Falls and the other walks around Lorne. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.