Starting from the carpark at the end of Lake Dobson Road, Mount Field National Park, this circuit walk takes you around Lake Dobson via the Pandani Grove Nature Walk. The Pandani Grove is a delightful green oasis nestled beneath the ski slopes of Mount Field. Following the shoreline of the glacially formed Lake Dobson, this short walk takes you through a forest dominated by a mixture of pencil pines and pandanis, both of which are endemic to Tasmania. Platypuses are occasionally seen in Lake Dobson, particularly around dusk and dawn. The track has no steep sections, but ice and snow can cover sections of the track in winter. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.