This walk starts near the Yuonga Road Carpark in Warburton, leading to the Dee's Road Carpark in Millgrove and back via the O'Shannassy Aqueduct Trail. Enjoy this beautiful, calming walk along the forested and shady maintenance track for the O'Shannassy Aqueduct, surrounded by tall trees and ferns, with wonderful views of the Yarra Valley. The natural state of the forest surrounding the aqueduct provides a haven of homes for many native animals. A keen eye and ear will discover Kookaburras, Eastern Rosellas, Lyrebirds, Superb Fairy-wrens, Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoos, Wallabies and Echidnas. The trail follows the aqueduct and is on a gentle grade, being suited for people of all ages and levels of fitness. The track's surface is a combination of compacted small to medium sized crushed rock and patches of grass. Bear in mind that there are no toilets in the area, and camping is not permitted along the aqueduct. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.