Starting from Mount Abrupt Car Park, Bornes Hill, this walk takes you to Signal Peak in Grampians National Park. You can traverse the forest setting in the first half of the walk and can enjoy the great open vistas of the Southern Grampians and Dunkeld at the second part. It starts off steadily and becomes steeper towards the end of the trail. The area is also prone to stay moist after heavy rainfall. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.