Starting at Illaroo South picnic area this return walk takes you along the coast through Yuraygir National Park. There are two campsites ( Illaroo campground and Rocky Point campground) on or near the track if you decide to spend the night. Let us begin by acknowledging the Gumbaingirr & Yaegl people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.