Starting from Gibbergunyah Range Road this circuit walk first takes you through shallow water across a causeway (the crossing can become impassable after or during heavy rainfall). Continue the walk through the subtropical rainforest of Nightcap National Park past giant fig trees and giant stinging trees for some excellent birdwatching opportunities. Let us begin by acknowledging the Bundjalung people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.