Starting from the dirt car park on Home Valley Road, Kimberley, this walk return walk takes you to Mount Baldy Lookout and back. Enjoy the open views of Cockburn Ranges from the lookout after a walk through Kimberley Heather, turkey bush and savannah. Additionally, it is possible to get more information about the walks in the area at Home Valley Station, and the walk is well marked with plenty of interpretive signage. There can be uneven surfaces at certain sections. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.