The Blue Tiles Walking Trail (Molonglo Gorge), located in Molonglo Gorge Nature Reserve, starts from Molonglo Gorge Road exploring the riverside to the picnic area near the crossing of Blue Tiles Road and River Road. The track follows the river all the way through, so you’ll be accompanied by the relaxing sound of the stream throughout the journey. A fellow train may also pass by and add to your experience as the track is opposite of the railways across the river. Ending in a picnic area with a lovely view of nature, freshly sprouted wildflowers can be a nice little surprise for the hikers visiting in spring. Beware of the rocky & narrow start and the steep declines as it can be challenging for some. Additionally, there might be a weed spraying in progress so refrain from eating anything you find along the way. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.