Starting just behind the Interpretation Centre/Ranger Station on Cradle Mountain Road in Pencil Pine, Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park, this circuit walk takes you along a well-constructed boardwalk passing a lookout over Pencil Pine Falls. The boardwalk meanders through a patch of cool temperate rainforest of pencil pines and myrtle, passing by a pleasant lookout with seats where you can enjoy the view of the beautiful Pencil Pine cascades and the 20 metre falls. The falls are at their most spectacular after periods of heavy rain. The track is entirely on robust boardwalk, and is suitable for wheelchair users. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.