Starting from Harvey Dam Amphitheatre, Harvey, this walk takes you on a circuit around Harvey Dam. You can see the panoramic view of both sides of the dam after you climb to the top, and the wildflowers that bloom in spring provides vibrant scenery. The area is tranquil, and there are spacious picnic areas. The dam is also open to fishing from September 1st to June 30th each year. There are occasional steep hills which may be hard for young children and the elderly. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.