Starting from Borough Huts Campground, Grampians, this walk takes you to Mount Rosea Peak via Grampians Peaks Track. You can enjoy the great views scattered along the walk, through the tall eucalyptuses. Mount Rosea Peak also offers you open views of Grampians, and there are incredible rock formations for close observation. The area is serene with a small number of visitors, making it suitable for a relaxing experience. There is a lot of shade through the walk, and you can follow the yellow arrows as you traverse. Mountain biking is also possible through the trail, except for the last 1.5 kilometres. Keep in mind that there are certain hilly sections that can be steeper, and the rock formations can be challenging to navigate. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.