Main Ridge, Ambers Gully, Sugarloaves and Yurrebilla Track Loop
2 h to 2 h 30 min
↑ 354 m ↓ -353 m
Starting from the Black Hill Conservation Park car park on Gorge Road, Athelstone, this walk takes you on a circuit within Black Hill Conservation Park via the Main Ridge, Ambers Gully, Sugarloaves and Yurrebilla tracks. There are also great opportunities to spot birds, kangaroos, koalas. From the higher points of the hike, walkers are rewarded with are breathtaking views of the park and the city. The trail is a mostly narrow walking track, with some fire track sections. There are some rocky ascents and descents throughout, which make this quite an exhilarating hike. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.