Starting from the Narawntapu National Park carpark on Bakers Beach Road, Bakers Beach, this walk takes you to the Springlawn Bird Hide Lookout and back via the Bird Hide Walk. This is a short stroll over well a formed track, which takes you through banksia scrub and a tall paperbark swamp along the Springlawn Lagoon. Many birds can be spotted from the hide including ducks, herons, swans, cormorants, coots, bitterns, grebes and many more. Listen closely and you'll hear a symphony of frogs coming from the swamp, in addition to the lovely birdsong. Let us begin by acknowledging the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.