Starting from Millewa Road this short return walk along a boardwalk will impress you with a number of different birds, no matter when you visit. There are bird panels to learn how to recognise different birds and get to know them. Let us begin by acknowledging the Yorta Yorta people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which we travel today, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
Before you start any bushwalk ensure you;
• Tell someone you trust where you are going and what to do if you are overdue
• Have adequate equipment, supplies, skills & knowledge for the whole journey
• Consider the impact of weather forecasts, park/track closures & fire dangers
• Can respond to emergencies & call for help at any point
• Are healthy and fit enough for this journey
If not, change plans and stay safe. It is okay to delay and ask people for help.