Transport- Lake Sinclair to Cradle Mtn

Find people to walk or share transport with. Topics deleted after 365 idle days.
Forum rules
1 This website is not a bushwalking club.
2 Users take responsibility for all actions arising from meetings made via this website.
3 Be totally self-sufficient – your own tent, stove, gear, etc.
4 Walkers under the age of 18 and/or those walking with them should raise the trip with the under 18's parents or legal guardians.
5 Please lock your thread when it is no longer needed. Moderators may lock threads without notice.
More details on these guidelines

There is a separate forum specifically for finding the Overland Track companions and transport.

Transport- Lake Sinclair to Cradle Mtn

Postby rwfox » Sat 22 Dec, 2018 11:35 am

We are going to walk the Overland track starting on 25th February 2019. I am going to leave my vehicle at Lake Sinclair on the 24th of February and arrange a bus transport with Cradle Moutain Coaches to take us to Cradle. For the two of us it’s about $400 for the 3.5 hr journey, However if there were two more interested (4 people) in would be about $100 each. It may be cheaper again for more. I haven’t booked it yet but I will regardless of numbers. But anybody in the planing stage might be interested in sharing a bus.
Cheers Roy
rwfox
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: New South Wales

Re: Transport- Lake Sinclair to Cradle Mtn

Postby Warin » Mon 31 Dec, 2018 2:34 pm

Have you tried other firms?
This mob https://overlandtracktransport.com.au/ look to do it as a regular service - but they go Lake St Clair to Launceston .. for $75 each. Might be able to talk them into dropping you off at Cradle?
Warin
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: New South Wales

Return to Find Walking Companions or Arrange Transport