Transport- Lake Sinclair to Cradle Mtn

Find people to walk or share transport with. Topics deleted after 365 idle days.
Forum rules
1 This website is not a bushwalking club.
2 Users take responsibility for all actions arising from meetings made via this website.
3 Be totally self-sufficient – your own tent, stove, gear, etc.
4 Walkers under the age of 18 and/or those walking with them should raise the trip with the under 18's parents or legal guardians.
5 Please lock your thread when it is no longer needed. Moderators may lock threads without notice.
More details on these guidelines

There is a separate forum specifically for finding the Overland Track companions and transport.

Transport- Lake Sinclair to Cradle Mtn

Postby rwfox » Sat 22 Dec, 2018 11:35 am

We are going to walk the Overland track starting on 25th February 2019. I am going to leave my vehicle at Lake Sinclair on the 24th of February and arrange a bus transport with Cradle Moutain Coaches to take us to Cradle. For the two of us it’s about $400 for the 3.5 hr journey, However if there were two more interested (4 people) in would be about $100 each. It may be cheaper again for more. I haven’t booked it yet but I will regardless of numbers. But anybody in the planing stage might be interested in sharing a bus.
Cheers Roy
rwfox
Atherosperma moschatum
Atherosperma moschatum

Region: New South Wales

Re: Transport- Lake Sinclair to Cradle Mtn

Postby Warin » Mon 31 Dec, 2018 2:34 pm

Have you tried other firms?
This mob https://overlandtracktransport.com.au/ look to do it as a regular service - but they go Lake St Clair to Launceston .. for $75 each. Might be able to talk them into dropping you off at Cradle?
Warin
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius
Phyllocladus aspleniifolius

Region: New South Wales

Re: Transport- Lake Sinclair to Cradle Mtn

Postby OzLoz » Mon 28 Jan, 2019 8:36 am

We booked at a BnB called Hawthorn Lodge which was perfect. $500 each, which included pick up from Hobart airport, transport back to the BnB at Bushy Park, overnight stay, dinner and breaky, and then drive all the way North to the Cradle Mountain end. At the end of the trek, they collected us from Lake St Clair, drove us back to the BnB (cold beers waiting in the car), and included another night's accomm, dinner and breaky, before driving us back in to Hobart. Not sure if this would work for you as you stated you had a car, but the convenience was awesome. It also allowed us to store excess luggage at the BnB.
OzLoz
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Australian Capital Territory

Return to Find Walking Companions or Arrange Transport