Transport to Scott's Peak Dam

Find people to walk or share transport with. Topics deleted after 365 idle days.
Forum rules
1 This website is not a bushwalking club.
2 Users take responsibility for all actions arising from meetings made via this website.
3 Be totally self-sufficient – your own tent, stove, gear, etc.
4 Walkers under the age of 18 and/or those walking with them should raise the trip with the under 18's parents or legal guardians.
5 Please lock your thread when it is no longer needed. Moderators may lock threads without notice.
More details on these guidelines

There is a separate forum specifically for finding the Overland Track companions and transport.

Transport to Scott's Peak Dam

Postby bmr » Sat 04 Nov, 2017 5:40 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for transport from Hobart to Scott's Peak Dam on the 30/12/17 and looking to see if anyone wanted to ride share or perhaps form a group to book a shuttle, as Tasmanian Wilderness Experiences say they require a minimum of 2 people. Doesn't seem to be too many options out there, and I'm coming from interstate. Any help or knowledge of any other options would be greatly appreciated also.

Cheers,
Brett
bmr
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Queensland

Re: Transport to Scott's Peak Dam

Postby Bruns69 » Fri 10 Nov, 2017 4:52 pm

Hi,

I've already booked a shuttle with Wilderness Experiences on the 27/12 from Hobart's airport to Scott's Peak Dam.
Are you able to change the date of your trip ?

Cheers
Bruns69
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Victoria

Postby bmr » Tue 14 Nov, 2017 10:22 am

Unfortunately not, as I'm only arriving in Hobart on the 27th.
bmr
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby Lucy44 » Sun 26 Nov, 2017 9:37 am

I may be able to share the bus on 1/1/2018. Please let me know if this date works for you and I will do more planning for my trip. I would be walkng the Port Davey Track and possibly also the South Coast track. I have been in Tasmania since September, spending 6 months walking. Mostly alone but would be happy if other experienced walkers wanted to join me.
Lucy44
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: New South Wales

Postby bmr » Wed 29 Nov, 2017 10:46 pm

I could possibly change my leaving date to 31st, but would preferably not go any later than that, as I have limited time and would like to put another hike into my trip before I leave.
bmr
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby Mattb93 » Sun 03 Dec, 2017 6:42 am

Hi all was wondering if anyone was still going to scotts peak dam around the 26/12/17 to the 30th and was looking for and extra person thanks
Mattb93
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Postby elambers » Sun 10 Dec, 2017 9:01 pm

How much does the shuttle usually set you back? Anyone out there interested in a cashy to pick 4 of us up and take us back to Hobart? Probably on the 2nd Jan PM. . . . from previous reports I've seen it's super hexxy....I promise we'll wash in the river and save a set of clothes at the start of the hike :))))

Ditto to a drop off on 27/12 if anyone knows that they will beat the price with Wilderness Transport . .

I've already messaged Graham at Wilderness Transport to see if there's space to get there as it sounds like there will be a party heading in. When we head home I don't really want to pay a premium for a shuttle bus . . .

Thanks,
Eric
elambers
Nothofagus gunnii
Nothofagus gunnii

ASSOCIATED ORGANISATIONS: Melbourne University
Region: Victoria

Postby Alex52 » Fri 22 Dec, 2017 2:26 pm

Hi, I'm wanting transport from Hobart to Scott's Peak Dam any time after about Jan 5th until about16th (latest) for a WA traverse. Have emailed Wilderness Transport to see if any groups are heading that way. Happy to chip in costs if you're driving in.
Alex52
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Western Australia

Postby chris13nbt » Sat 06 Jan, 2018 6:36 pm

Hi Alex, a mate and I will also be travelling to Scotts Peak Dam around then. We plan on taking a bus to Westerway and then hitching into Maydena and onwards to the trailhead. However we would be more than happy to share a shuttle if the price is reasonable. Cheers, Chris
chris13nbt
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Region: Northern Territory

Postby Lucy44 » Wed 10 Jan, 2018 9:05 am

I am getting dropped off at Scotts Peak Dam on 4th Feb. Thus for cash there is the option for others to get dropped off or picked up the same day. Also possibility other dates contact Bronwyn on 0421513976
Lucy44
Nothofagus cunninghamii
Nothofagus cunninghamii

Return to Find Walking Companions or Arrange Transport